Welcome to Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks
Experience sea kayaking adventure tours. Discover the unique bays in the National Marine Parks and the rocky coastline of Magnetic Island in North Queensland from the tranquility of your sea kayak.
“We take only photos and leave only footprints”
- Enjoy the adventure of this award winning tour with your friendly, experienced and relaxed guide
- Discover Magnetic Island’s World Heritage National and Marine Parks from your kayak
- Drift over seagrass beds and coral gardens on the Island’s first and only nationally “Advanced Ecotourism” certified tour
- Paddle within metres of huge granite boulders while taking in the rugged beauty of the coastline
- Spot turtles and native birdlife from your kayak and learn about the area’s history and ecology
Magnetic Island, Queensland
With the simple philosophy of “View Nature in the Wild from the quiet of your Kayak” Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks is an award winning operation with over 20 tourism and environmental awards including:-
- Queensland Tourism Award for “Adventure Tourism”
- Australian Tourism Awards Finalist
- Townsville Environmental Sustainability in Business Award
- GBRMPA high standards operations
- Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks became one of the first businesses in the country to be awarded Australian Business Climate Action Certification
- The islands only and the region’s first Advanced Ecotourism Australia accredited operator
- The Radical Tour is a naturalist adventure into the World Heritage and Marine Parks. Enjoy sea kayaking in open waters with an experienced guide, with a tropical breakfast on the beach.
- The sunset Tour is a leisurely paddle to White Lady Bay, drifting over sea grass beds and coral gardens, ending with a toast to a glorious sunset.
- A selection of different options are available for schools, organisations and individuals
- These can be tailor-made to the specific requirements of each group
- introduction to kayaking instruction
- Team building experiences
- Marine interpretation
Freedom rentals are available for experienced paddlers with full safety equipment included